Monday, October 26, 2015

October Quilts

October has found me busy quilting. I've actually been working on three or four projects but have only finished one. The rest are in various stages of incompletion. A full size quilt has gone to be quilted before I finish hand appliqueing some cherry blossoms to the surface.  A single bed coverlet is basted ready to be quilted by me; and a third is a little baby quilt top which I decided to make from scrap fabrics, to try a pattern before I used it in a larger quilt. Hopefully the last two of these will be finished in November.
But I did complete another "bird" wall-hanging. This is my own design and I love its simplicity and  the effect of the red cardinals on the white background is striking. I called it "Let there be Peace." Here it is.


So, far I'm on track for my "quilt-a-month" plan. 
Check in November to see what's new.




1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Ada, This is a wonderful Christmas wall hanging. Cardinals are so classic. Good Job.

Sylvia
www.smdgreetings.blogspot.ca