It's only the first of February and already I've got another quilt to share. Actually, I finished it in January but didn't have the picture ready for the last post. This quilt is called "Cherry Blossoms" and is based on a pattern by a Hiroko Nakayama, a Japanese quilter. All the materials for the front, along with the batting and book containing the pattern were given to me by a special friend. I put together the quilt top, without the appliquéd cherry blossoms and leaves, and my quilting friend, Linda LeDrew, quilted it beautifully. After I sewed on the binding came the really hard part.
The cherry blossoms are double sided and are loosely, but securely (I hope) attached to the quilt top using French knots. It was quite a challenge, as I didn't want any of the stitches to show on the back. The buds and leaves are also hand appliquéd, which was a much easier job. The quilt is for a double size bed, so working with so much bulk added to the difficulty.
It's been "in the works" for quite a few months and I have to admit, it's great to have it finished. It will be for sale at our bi-annual Mission Possible Sale later in the year.
- ► 2015 (7)
- ► 2013 (9)
- ► 2012 (9)
- ► 2011 (11)
- ► 2010 (11)
- ► 2009 (13)