Wednesday, June 20, 2012

So what have I been doing?

It's been a while since my last post but that doesn't mean I haven't been quilting. Although visits from family, a trip away and the usual day-to-day activities have meant less time for my hobby (passion? obsession?), I have managed to finish a few smaller projects. Here are two little baby quilts that, I hope, will comfort some little body in the future.
The one on the left called "Love, Hugs and Kisses" is one of my favourite patterns for babies.

To the right is a Disappearing Nine-Patch pattern. The main fabric was passed on to me from my quilter friend Linda and the other fabrics I had on hand. I like the bright cheery colours in this and a DNP is so easy to make. I'm glad to show Linda that I actually used the fabric she gave me, although it took a couple of years! And, yes, Linda, I'm going to use the other fabrics, too.

And I'm happy to say that after two or more years with it sitting in a UFO box,  I've finally finished an orange and black quilt, which surprised me by turning into a Halloween Quilt. The story of that will be in my column in the autumn edition of "The Canadian Quilter." But here is a photo for you to see.

No comments: