Monday, January 7, 2008

The Light-hearted Quilter

Welcome to the world of the Light-hearted Quilter (also known as Ada K. Moyles). And what an exciting, challenging, sometimes frustrating, but always interesting one it is. I invite you, as this blog progresses, to share in my accomplishments and sometimes, perhaps, failures, as I pursue my passion for quilting.

If you are a quilter, quilt-owner, or merely interested in quilting, I hope you will find something of interest in my blog.

In addition to making quilts, I also write about quilting. Look for my book "Crazy About Quilting; the Adventures of an Average Quilter" (Published by Whitecap Books) to read some of my quilting adventures.

I am especially interested in stories about particular quilts. They may be antiques or modern, baby or king-size, but if they have a special story, I would love to hear it. If you own such a quilt and would like to share your story, please contact me.

Currently, I'm working on a series of quilts called "Fabulous Fish", inspired by Susan Carlson's book "Free-style Quilts." This is a great book if you are looking for a way to express your creativity using non-traditional methods. I'm having great fun, using some of Susan's techniques to create my own wall quilts. The picture below is one of my early efforts.











1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi, mom, nice blog! I regret to say that my Christmas quilted wallhanging project has been put aside for another year. Maybe next year I will get enough inspiration to finish it!
PS small typo at the end of the third paragraph!